x11vnc root 0. I just wana login/out from my gdm over vnc. I want to play on my computer while getting paid hourly at work. I found all the other walkthrews, tutorials, howtos to be annoying and not to the point.
- First, disable Desktop Sharing under System -> Preferences -> Remote Desktop.
- sudo apt-get install x11vnc
- sudo x11vnc -storepasswd yourpasswordhere /etc/x11vnc.pass
- sudo nano /etc/X11/gdm/Init/Default
- add this line to the bottom above exit /usr/bin/x11vnc -rfbauth /etc/x11vnc.pass -o /tmp/x11vnc.log -forever -bg -rfbport 5900
- sudo gedit /etc/X11/gdm/gdm.conf then search for search for #KillInitClients=true Uncomment KillInitClients and change true to false so you don’t get your session killed after you log in.
So I was board and was wondering if mIRC would work on Ubuntu threw wine. Now don't give me that xchat is better blah blah blah, because I agree fully. I installed wine via automatix2 (check out there site on how). I just ran threw the install got it on. Whent to mirc.com firefox said open with wine. Sure why not? The installer launched I didn't feel lucky so I didn't install anything but the base program files package. It ran it worked, I got on an fserv, I started a few sends from some bots. Yeah I didnt feel as 'ub3r nix d00d0rz' but it was fun. Just felt like sharing :)-ech0.
I have been using Ubuntu for a few months now. Its pretty good I must say, as a former Slackware fan the transition was pretty easy for me. I have my machine all setup, my web server all setup, and my fileserver all setup. That pretty much leaves me with no real problems to solve or ideas to post. When I move into my new place next month I’m going to redo everything. Setup a Ubuntu based machine to handle all my downloads and file sharing. I'm also into the idea of a Ubuntu based storage cluster, but that might not pan out. I'll post something useful sometime. -ech0.