Installed FlashPlayer 9 beta today and it works okay but you probably want to retain existing flash player 7. (backup instructions below)
- First, I downloaded the beta from http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer9.html to my desktop.
- Click on the downloaded file and extract to desktop
- next, I used the find files gui to locate my existing libflashplayer.so location. It should be in a "plugins" folder.
- next I backed up my existing file
sudo cp /usr/local/firefox32/plugins/libflashplayer.so /usr/local/firefox32/plugins/libflashplayer.so.bak
- then I copied the new file from desktop to plugins folder
sudo cp /home/user/Desktop/flash-player-plugin-126.96.36.199/libflashplayer.so /usr/local/firefox32/plugins/libflashplayer.so(note you must insert your user name where I put user in italics.)
- Finally, I tested the player by navigating to http://www.adobe.com/products/flash/about/ and my browser crashed. Don't worry, I simply restarted, navigated to the test page again and it worked fine. No more "You must have flash player 9 installed to view this content" messages. WooHoo!
Moving firefox window while flash is running causes error. Opening another window above flash content causes error.